About Us

Church Picture 2
Church Covenant

Having been led, as we believe by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and, on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.

We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church, in knowledge, holiness, and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.

We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale of, and use of, intoxicating drinks as a beverage; to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.

We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember one another in prayer; to aid one another in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and Christian courtesy in speech, to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.

The History of Red Mountain Baptist Church

Red Mountain Baptist Church was organized in the year of 1881. The church began in a brush arbor setting where a small frame church soon sprang up. This church burned down; and then a larger frame church was built. The material for this church came from an old school house in Bahama and was brought in on wagons. In October 1882 Red Mountain was accepted into the Mt. Zion Association.

In 1927 the members of Red Mountain decided to build a larger church. Materials were brought in by train to the Rougemont depot, and transferred by horse and wagon to the present location. In 1928 the outside was refinished with brick.

Baptisms were held at Bowlings Mill on Flat River on designated Sundays, with church services to follow.

Originally, church services were held on the first and third Sundays. In 1963, our church began having services every Sunday morning and evening.

As years passed, land and buildings were added. The Educational Building was built and dedicated in 1979. An addition to the church Sanctuary was built in 1984 and dedicated in April 1985, and a note burning was held in April 1989.

The church completed and dedicated a new 5348 square foot Education/Fellowship Building Addition in June of 2002. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!